MHAW Challenge 2021
The Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) Challenge is all about encouraging you, your whānau, your workplace or school to get involved in this year’s theme: Take time to kōrero.
When it comes to wellbeing, a little chat can go a long way. That’s why each weekday of MHAW will have a daily challenge designed to get you having a kōrero in a different way. These challenges will reflect the daily theme as outlined in our MHAW Guide.
The MHAW Challenge Grand Prize winner will take home a Nikon Z 50 camera and a $500 Flight Centre voucher. Each day we will also choose a daily prize winner who will receive a collection of assorted gifts and treats – all donated from some of our wonderful fundraisers'.
How does it work?
- Register for Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) updates so we can keep you in-the-know with the latest information.
- Like or follow our Instagram and/or Twitter pages.
- Snap and share a photo based on the daily challenge. You’ll need to complete the activity outlined for each day below and then post a photo of activity on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #MHAWNZ. Make sure your profile is public so we can see your post. You can see the challenges below to get a head-start on planning your activities – we’ve outlined what we’ll be asking you to do each day. We’ll also be posting each challenge on Instagram and Twitter each morning.
Rāhina / Monday: Look back through your photos and share a happy memory to reconnect with someone you’ve lost touch with.
Rātu / Tuesday: Share a snap of how you’re having a kōrero in nature with us and let us know how it made you feel.
Rāapa / Wednesday: Share a pic of how you're looking after one of your taha - as inspired by Te Whare Tapa Wha.
Rāpare / Thursday: Share a photo and leave a comment of how you're doing something nice for someone and connecting through kindness today.
Rāmere / Friday: Share a pic of how you’re catching up with others this Friday to reflect on the week – extra points if you include your kai!
- Upload your photo to your Instagram or Twitter account with the hashtag #MHAWNZ. Feel free to tag us as well!
You’ll notice we’re not asking you to post on Facebook this year – in the past we’ve had a hard-time keeping track of entries on Facebook due to the way profiles are set up privately. We don’t want to miss any of your incredible submissions, so we’re keeping it simple and asking just for posts on Instagram and Twitter this year. You are of course welcome to post on Facebook, you just can’t enter the competition through Facebook.
- A winner will be picked each day by Mental Health Foundation (MHF) staff. The winning photo will be posted the following day on the MHF’s Instagram stories and on Twitter.
Grand Prize winner! At the end of the five days, the MHF will choose the overall grand prize winner. This will be based on their involvement throughout the entire week - the grand prize winner must have taken part in all five days. The winner will receive a Nikon camera Z 50 and a $500 Flight Centre voucher!
All prize winners will be contacted through social media, followed by a request to email their postage details to firstname.lastname@example.org. These are our only official Instagram and Twitter handles, please be careful of scammers.
- For more information on the MHAW Challenge, check out our FAQs. You can also view our competition terms and conditions here