With school holidays just around the corner, we’re running the 2017 Colouring Competition for Mental Health Awareness Week.
It’s the perfect activity to keep children busy and to help them experience the joy and wonder of being in nature.
Nature is one of the keys to wellbeing and we’re encouraging all Kiwis to stop thinking of nature as something locked away in national parks and forests but as the daisies in the playground, the tree outside the window and the vast, beautiful sky above.
So, this year we’re encouraging children to get into nature and unlock their wellbeing with the 2017 Colouring Competition.
What to do:
- Download and print a copy of our colouring competition.
- Head outside and talk about what you see, smell and hear. Draw/paint/stick something in the keyhole and colour in the rest of the image.
- Tell us your favourite thing to do outside and why.
- Entries close 5pm, Friday 27 October.
- Colouring competition is open to children aged 4–12 (but anyone who likes to draw can still take part!).
- Winners will be notified by email or phone.
- The winner in each age group (4–6), (7–9) and (10–12) will receive a $50 Prezzy Card!
- Winners will be contacted by Friday, 3 November.
- Please see our prize Terms and Conditions.
Post entries to:
Mental Health Foundation
PO Box 10051
Scan and email entries to:
MHAW17@mentalhealth.org.nz with the subject line "Colouring Competition Entry".