Free Mental Distress Workshop
Date:10:00am to 2:30pm on 22 September 20
Join us for a special FREE one day mental distress workshop in Hamilton.
- Increase their awareness of mental distress, unconscious bias and social inclusion.
- Explore how attitudes and assumptions impact mental distress.
- Learn strategies to respond effectively.
- Build confidence through practice using a framework to help guide conversations with people experiencing mental distress.
- Explore self-care tools.
Who is this for?
- People who work, or volunteer with those who may be vulnerable to housing-loss, and have no formal training in supporting others experiencing mental distress.
What to expect?
- Limited 20 spaces to individuals from community groups.
- This is a special combined one day workshop.
- A light lunch will be provided.
- Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance hours. CPD credits for those registered with Australasian Housing Institute.
- Appropriate COVID-19, levels, distancing and hygiene respected.
- This training is free. No cost to attend.
- A free online 20-minute post-workshop catch-up and reflection time via Zoom that we hope all participants can prioritise.