Nature for your Mind
Date:8:30am to 11:30am on 14 October 18
Haere mai, welcome! You are here for a reason - you deserve a nourishing Sunday wake-up!
Many families in Aotearoa are affected by mental illness, however it is not so common to talk about it. We want to start a conversation about women, wellbeing and mental health and how we can use nature as a tool for our health. We have nature all around us but we take it for granted.
Come along and learn how to be present with nature and about its fundamental ability to heal us.
We have pulled together five inspirational wāhine to share their real experiences with mental health and how nature aided them. The morning will be made up of inspirational speakers and workshops including a delicious plant-based breakfast and goodie bags, all whilst raising awareness and funds for the Mental Health Foundation.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Admission for the full morning
- Donation to the Mental Health Foundation
- Delicious plant-based breakfast curated by Sarah Tanner
- Inspiring presentations
- Experience harekeke/flax weaving and take home your creation
- A nature immersion experience at Auckland Domain with Fleur Louise
- A sustainable goodie bag!
- Great networking with like-minded women
- Addition to the 'For You' Facebook community group.
This event is curated by women for women!
8.30am - Welcome
Speaker: 'The Science behind Nature Immersion' - Ursula Griffen, Ecologist
Plant-based breakfast: curated by Sarah Tanner, Vegan Innovator
Keynote speaker: 'Walking my Path - A reflection of the Te Araroa Trail' - Rosanna Tills, Student
Workshop: 'Harekeke for the Soul' weaving workshop - Freddy Carr, Artist
Nature immersion experience: Fleur Louise, Naturopath
Closing Q&A: 11:30 - Finish
Please come along and celebratemental health with us!
Tickets are available here: http://bit.ly/natureforyourmindelle